Monday, June 29, 2015

Fork - Brunch

Our brunch this month was at Ravenswood gastropub, Fork.  The space is large and divided into two rooms with a rustic wooden interior and a large bar.  There is also a nice sized patio.  In the main room their were several round booths with leather seats in addition to round stand alone tables.  In the second room, where we sat, were two banquettes on opposite walls with large tables.  The brunch menu at Fork has many of the standards, although I was a little surprised that the sweet side was a little sparse.  We did order doughnut holes to start, but one of my friends had to point it out on the menu.  They were light yeast doughnut holes covered in powdered sugar with a slightly crisp outer crust.  Overall, the table liked them, I will say though, that I found them a little doughy.
My main course, however, was very much a win.  I ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles which was served with Candied Bacon coated with Spiced Pecans with some very good Maple Syrup.  It also was much bigger than I expected (which was not a bad thing).  The bacon was thick, sweet, and crunchy and the nuts were coated on the bacon.  The Chicken had a nice crispy skin and was tender and juicy and the Belgian Waffle was light and crispy.  I really liked brunch here.  The food and service were very good and the space was very comfortable.  Brunch was good, but I will have to visit for dinner sometime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment