Sunday, July 1, 2018

DryHop Brewers - Brunch

 
As obvious as it might be, I like trying out different breweries as well as places with good food.  What makes things easier is when a brewery/brewpub has good food.  I was recently able to combine several things that I like at Dryhop Brewers, sharing a table with friends and enjoying a good brunch with some good beer.  They don't take reservations, but that was okay because I was unsure until the last minute how large my party was going to be.  Because of this, I did plan on meeting when the place opened at 11 am on Sunday.  The only problem with this was the fact that the day was a little cold and rainy and we had to wait a little outside.  When they opened, they quickly accommodated us (there was a toddler in the party) and we were seated near the large front window.  It was a good location because even without a beer list in hand, there was a chalkboard beer list on either side of us. As for the rest of the space because it is a brewery, it has a long bar that runs back into the space with the fermenters and bright tanks behind it.  The brewing tanks were in a small glassed in area opposite the bar.  Their brewing capacity is small, so their distribution is limited to a small amount that might go to their sister brewery Corridor Brewery & Provisions which is located about 1.5 miles away.  The floor is hardwood as is all of the furniture.  Just inside the door was a collection of old style woodworking vices and it was both a little rustic and homey at the same time.  There were eight beers on tap and it was possible to get a flight of all of them.  While they all looked good and it might be fun in some circumstances, I had plans for the rest of the day, so I limited myself to a couple, Shark Meets Hipster Wheat IPA (similar to Three Floyd's Gumballhead Hoppy Wheat Ale) and Karmavore Double Dry Hopped New England IPA.  I will frequently order juice as well as coffee for brunch, a New England IPA tends to be very juicy and the Karmavore generally fulfilled the juice side of things. 
 
For the coffee side, I simply got coffee.  I'm not sure where it came from, but I am sure that it was a local roaster and it was pretty good.  Before our respective main courses, I ordered some Poutine for the table to share.  This poutine was really good, containing the requisite French Fries, these were actually Frites (double fried fries that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside), Aged White Cheddar, and brown gravy, in this case chunky Sausage Gravy.  In addition, it also had Applewood Smoked Bacon, and Scallions.  It was a great dish to share, because while it was a very good, it would be a lot of fries for a single person to eat, especially if they planned on eating anything else.
 

For my main course, I ordered a breakfast sandwich.  There was a little confusion though because I was first served my neighbors order, which really looked good and was actually my second choice.  Things were corrected very quickly, but I would have been happy with his Skillet Scramble which had House Made Chorizo, Scrambled Eggs, Crushed Breakfast Potatoes, White Cheddar, Salsa Verde, Sour Cream and Scallions.  My Breakfast Sandwich, which was served with Crushed Breakfast Potatoes, was served open on a board, but I did put it together before I ate it, had Scrambled Eggs, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Avocado, Pickled Fresno Peppers, and Raw Milk Cheddar.  Everything about this was good.  The Crushed Breakfast Potatoes were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  The eggs were fluffy, the avocado was creamy, the peppers added some spice, and the bacon added crunch.

 I really liked brunch here.  The food was good, as was the beer, and of course the service.  They did an excellent job handling a large party with a toddler and they even have a kids menu which was much enjoyed by my niece, the toddler.  I will definitely return for more food and possibly the full flight, though probably not with a large party again.         

No comments:

Post a Comment