Sunday, October 27, 2019

Corinne - Brunch - Denver

 
My second day in Denver was going to be a travel day, though it was also going to be a beer day, so I wanted to make sure that I had a good meal, before I started anything.  I was going to make a brewery stop before I traveled and while I have no problem eating at a brewery/brewpub, but I was visiting on a weekday and wasn't sure what food they would have available, so I decided to play it safe and visit a restaurant that I knew would be serving brunch.  Located downtown, near the capitol, in a Hyatt, Corinne was very open with a garage door wall opening onto a sidewalk patio.  The dining room was divided into front and back with a rail between them.  The front was attached to the patio and had the bar, the rear is where the kitchen entrance is and it more properly looked like a dining room.  The lighting in the front was natural from the open garage doors augmented with track and recessed lighting.  The lighting in the rear dining room was hanging lighting.  I was seated in the front dining room, though I was seated next to the rail so I could see what was happening in each dining room.  I started with some good medium roast coffee from another local roaster (different from the one used at Ivy on 7th).
For food, I started out with some Avocado Toast.  It was served on Country Bread, topped with Pepitas and Lemon Zest.  The Pepitas added a nice crunch and the Lemon Zest added some tartness to the creamy richness of the avocado.  The country bread was a dense whole wheat toasted to a nice medium.  It was crisp, but not so crisp that it became dry.  It was filling and a nice start.
For my main course, I went with a spin on a Breakfast Sandwich.  It had Chicken Sausage, Pepper Jack Cheese, and Scrambled Eggs on a Brioche Bun with Jalapeno Relish on the side.  Texturally, the sandwich was very soft.  It had a nice mouthfeel, but without the Jalapeno Relish, it was a bit bland.  The relish, basically a Pico de Gallo was very fresh and spicy, but not overwhelming.  It complemented the ingredients of the sandwich and improved it immensely.  I enjoyed my food at Corinne and found it to be a great start to a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment