Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Tangerine - Longmont - Brunch

After Denver, I ran up to Longmont, in Boulder County, to visit some friends.  I met them in the evening and we enjoyed burgers and beer, but decided to see the mountains and The Stanley Hotel (inspiration for The Shining) in Estes Park.  Before we went up, though, I needed a good meal to start things off.  We met at Tangerine, in downtown Longmont, a breakfast, brunch, and lunch restaurant.  It had a nice patio in front, but as I was going to be outside all day and it would be hot, I decided to get a little shade and air conditioning.  The space was narrow with the bar on one side, a row of high sided booths in the middle of the space, and a row of two tops against the wall opposite the bar.  The space was largely white with hanging lights with orange globes.  The booths had decorative glass barriers between each other, so the booths, while open on one side, felt pretty private.  While the place had a dineresque feel, there was a design element above the bar that reminded me of either whitewashed industrial equipment or the Death Star from Star Wars.  As it wasn't really prominent unless you actually looked above the bar, it didn't really change the vibe of the space, but it was kind of funny.
 
For drinks, they served Juice, Coffee of all sorts, Beer, Wine, and a variety of Breakfast Cocktails.  As I imagined that I would have enough beer to last me, I decided to hold off on the alcohol and to hydrate and energize myself with some Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice and some Coffee.  The coffee was a medium dark roast, but pretty tasty and the orange juice was very fresh, tart, and sweet.
 
For my main course I had Corned Beef Hash with House Made Corned Beef, Onions, Bacon, Potatoes, House Spice Blend, 2 Sunny Side Up Eggs, House Made Butter Pickles, and Wheat Toast and a Fruit Cup on the side.  This was really good.  The pickles were unusual in that I have never had pickles that came with Corned Beef Hash.  The hash was tasty and filling, the bacon, in addition to the corned beef, was a nice touch and the eggs were perfectly cooked.  I felt really lucky with the Fruit Cup because for the second time I had ordered it recently, it contained no Cantaloupe.  It had Grapes, Pineapple, Strawberries, Blueberries, and Watermelon.  It was fresh, sweet, and juicy, and a nice finish to a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment