Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cystic Fibrosis Grand Chef's Gala

This is slightly out of order but it does need to be mentioned. I volunteered at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Grand Chef's Gala. This incredible event happens at the last Saturday in January and benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and happened at the Fairmont Hotel. If I could afford a ticket, I would definitely pay for it but I don't mind volunteering and as a volunteer, I was able to try/participate in almost everything anyway.

The event was divided into three major parts. First came Hors d'ouevres presented by 40 fine dining establishments such as Boka, The Bristol, Girl & the Goat, Graham Elliot, Topolobampo, The Signature Room, La Madia, Coco Pazzo, and The Purple Pig.

Next came the three course dinner, during which there was presented the Jean Banchet Awards for Culinary Excellence and a live auction (that raised over $200,000 in 45 minutes). As a volunteer, I was able to partake in the hors d'ouevres but was not able to sit for dinner which was actually okay because there were more restaurants serving hors d'ouevres than I could try and I filled myself on them.

After dinner, there was dessert and mixologists serving inventive drinks. There were 18 restaurants serving desserts and another 6 serving drinks. While the places and items looked really interesting (Cafe' des Architectes, Terry's Toffee, Sepia, The Bristol, and Vie for dessert and Branch 27, Boka, Gilt Bar, and The Violet Hour serving drinks), after running around all night, I was too tired to stay. I really enjoyed the evening and the things that I tried. I will definitely do this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment